On 12/28/20 17:58, Peter Coghlan via cctalk wrote:
> Apologies for asking but what the gmail standards? Anything from > yahoo.com, some of Google's own alerts, and items from > lists.dwarfstd.org were all marked as spam.

They really won't tell you. I run into problems with them from time to time, they seem to want to only talk to microsoft.com type domains and other big email domains. Which is odd because a lot of junk comes from them. Maybe they get a cut. Or maybe Gmail just wants you to use it instead of anything else.

My experience is also that Google will not tell me.  They used to have
web pages detailing what they were looking for years ago but I think
it eventually dawned on them that the spammers can read these too.

Thank you both for your information but I am still mystified as to why Gmail marks Google alerts (from Google!) as spam.

N.

I have made sure my forward and reverse dns entries and the EHLO domain
name my mailserver uses are all correct and I have set up SPF records
for my domain yet Google still put lots of emails I send to gmail.com
and other Google mail service users in their spam folders.

Additionally, my experience is that when I find someone abusing Google
services to send or otherwise facilitate spam, Google do not provide
any way that I can notify them about this abuse.

Best advice is to suggest to the sender that they use a different
email provider, one that doesn't put their legitimate incoming emails
in the bin.

Regards,
Peter Coghlan.