On Mon, 4 Jan 2021, dwight wrote:
There was a little known 68K machine. It was the Canon Cat. Although, it was
generally not intended as a development machine, in its short life, several
applications were developed.
It was primarily sold as a word processor ( quite powerful one at that ). It
had Forth running under the word processor. One could do both assembly and
other things once one understood how to access the Forth.
If you should ever get one, don't use the disk drive until you talk to me.
It has a common problem that if you don't understand it will destroy the drive.
Dwight

That was an amazing machine.

Raskin was an amazing character. He was responsible for many innovations and design decisions throughout the industry.
(and, I almost ended up getting his electric minivan)

I had a running argument with Jef. If you have a room full of a variety of disks, including multiple MFM formats AND GCR, the default when it couldn't read a disk should NOT be to FORMAT it.

--
Grumpy Ol' Fred                 ci...@xenosoft.com