On 01/14/21 23:35, Mark Linimon via cctalk wrote (in part):
When I was living outside Dallas around 1988 or so, I knew a woman who
had a job-for-life with an insurance company that ran their whole company on APL. Of course by that time she was sick of working on the same thing all the time, but they could not afford to let her go -- no one else could do any maintance to it.

In 1999, a fellow student in a UML course worked for a large information company (Reuters, I think?) and told me that they had embarked on an expensive s/w conversion project. Their back-end systems were implemented in APL and they could not find programmers -- even ones willing to learn APL for pay.

N.