On Thu, 11 Feb 2021, carlos_muri...@ieee.org wrote:
to diminish it. Argh.  A month ago my trusty HP9000/380 ran just fine and I
[...]
on; the power supply is dead.  So I unracked the pile of drives and the computer, checked for obvious things (the fuse is fine, and nothing in the power supply is swelled up or leaking, or browned by heat; visually, it looks new; the HV caps seem to hold a charge).  I need the schematics for the power

I recently repaired a 9000/310 power supply. The fault was very obvious if you are experienced with the components used. My machine was built in Germany (Böblingen) and has a German power supply that uses electrolytics from Frako (the golden caps). They tend to simply short from one moment to another. In this case one of them shorted the +12V rail and thus the power supply shut down. No other blown parts or fuses. Just find the shorted cap and replace it :-)

Christian