On Fri, Mar 5, 2021 at 1:46 PM Paul Koning via cctalk
<cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Yes, RT11 has contiguous files.  That actually made it rather unusual.  For
> example, while RSTS supports contiguous files that isn't the default and
> because of disk fragmentation wasn't commonly used.

On VMS you can copy files with the /CONTIGUOUS switch to specify that
the output file must occupy contiguous physical disk blocks. Of course
the default is /NOCONTIGUOUS.

I vaguely remember using the /CONTIGUOUS switch to copy MDM (MicroVAX
Diagnostic Monitor) diagnostic files from one bootable MDM disk to
another. I forget if that is necessary for proper operation of MDM.