On 5/6/2021 8:26 AM, Jay Jaeger via cctalk wrote:

Apparently, yes:  https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/365660.365671

https://docs.lib.purdue.edu/dissertations/AAI7003878/

https://minds.wisconsin.edu/bitstream/handle/1793/57766/TR160.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y

The last two papers involved Edouard Desautels, who was at UW when I was there - I really like the guy.  He coordinated the "systems lab" and I think was central to acquiring the 7094 II from surplus. The last paper (which you can actually download unlike Purdue who seems to have locked their papers up) hints at why that might have been done.

Actually, I see that it was indeed possible to download the Purdue paper - it was Ed. Desautels thesis on PUFFT - all one ever wanted to know and then some. ;)

JRJ