On Tue, 11 May 2021, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:
https://www.hagensieker.com/wordpress/2018/06/18/deoxit-what-is-it-what-isnt-it/
and Ben synthesizes some corrosion inhibitor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpRrP3sqQLw

OK, so chemically, it's mostly lighter fluid, which does work well for such things.

(-: But, surely, any good alchemist could come up with a spray that would turn lead solder into gold. And liberally spraying that through the vent slots and speaker grill of my childhood portable record player should make it sound as good as I remember it sounding when I was 8 years old. Just using a gold power cord wasn't enough. And WD-40 also wasn't enough. "Witchdoctor", "Purple People Eater", "Nash Rambler", "You Ain't Nothin' But A Hounddog" deserve the best sound quality possible! :-)