On 6/21/21 11:53 AM, Paul Koning wrote:

> Perhaps you were thinking about the CDC 6500 at the late lamented LCM?  That
> got some replacement stacks, which was an interesting puzzle because the read
> data connection out of the memory modules is a differential analog signal
> carrying the sense wire data, so the replacement module had to produce
> signals of that form.

No, it was definitely a CHM project--could have been for the 1401,
though.    In way of comparison to the 6000 core, 1401 and 1620 memory
is much larger, less dense and slower--and I don't believe that the
machine architecture makes use of a read-modify-write that the 6000 so
neatly exploited.

>From whence did the LCM 6500 come?

--Chuck