On 7/21/21 3:20 AM, Liam Proven via cctalk wrote:
I _think_ ISA ones are in more demand these days.

I suspect there are more people restoring ISA systems than PCI systems. But that's probably a matter of time.

CD, or CDRW, or DVD, or DVDRW?

I doubt it's likely, but (traditional) WORM drives are not out of the question. (I'm not counting CDs / DVDs in the /traditional/ WORM mix, despite many early writable drives being exactly that.)

You can't tell?! They don't even look similar. Google will give you pics in seconds.

Sadly, that might not be enough to discern things. I've seen similar cases used for a lot of different internal components. The OP (or someone else on their behalf) is almost certainly going to need to get more details to share with would be buyers.

You will need to identify this stuff much more specifically. Makes, models, capacities, speeds, etc.

Yep.

E.g. nobody wants 10base-2 or Thick Ethernet cards much any more. UTP, slightly more so: 10base-T, not much, 100base-T somewhat yes.

Um ... that's not true. I just purchased 10Base? cards specifically for the AUI ports to connect to my 10Base5 / "Thicknet" segment. Depending on price, I'd probably walk away from a swap meet with more too.

Plain old CD? Probably not. DVDRW? You might find takers.

It depends. I've talked with a handful of people wanting some sort of CD-ROM or their retro computers. They prefer the faster IDE drives. But they would rather have the slower IDE drives than nothing. So I believe that there is a reasonable chance that CD-ROMs sill have some value.

Graphics: depends what. Early 3D cards are somewhat wanted.

I still see some value in 2D cards. I'd lay down a $5 bill for a PCI 2D card like I had years ago. -- If I'm willing to do it, I assume that there are others that are willing to do it too.

Tiny IDE hard disks, probably not. CF-card is cheaper, faster and more reliable.

It depends on the capacity and price. And /known/ status of the drive. "For parts"? Probably not much value at all. Maybe for in a lot for someone else to test. "Known working / passed SpinRite Level 4" much more likely.

They aren't IDE, but I suspect that drives in IBM PS/2s that were known to be working would be worth more than the smaller IDE drives. I think that mostly means ESDI and SCSI.

It's not worth a lot.

OTOH, those unique Compaq combined 5.25" + 3.5" floppy drives are quite sought-after.

#truth

SCSI drives are quite desirable.

It's probably not worth a _lot_ but maybe a few hundred bucks if you are specific and ship anywhere. Remember a lot of collectors are in countries where this stuff is very hard to come by, and will pay top dollar.

But you need to be willing to be specific, list exact model numbers, take photos showing ID labels, and ideally, to _test it_.

Yep.

Though it sounds like the OP wasn't interested in doing this. As such, I suspect that the OP is probably looking for someone to acquire (large portions of) the lot and let that buyer test / resell things with details and shipping to lots of places.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die