On Thu, 19 Aug 2021, James B DiGriz wrote:

On Thu, 19 Aug 2021 06:23:45 -0700 (PDT)
geneb via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

I have a CDC 9427H drive ( https://i.imgur.com/Wn87MRb.jpg ) that is
absolutely desparate for a new home.  It's quite likely over 80lbs,
so shipping would be problematic.  I'm in Graham, WA.

It's free, it's lonely, and it's desparate for your gentle touch.
Please won't you think of the disk drives?

g.

I'm interested. The TI 990 DS10 drive is a re-badged 9427H as far as I
can tell, and I have the controller for that, and half a dozen
of the cartridges, so I can definitely use it. My guess is shipping
would be prohibitive for me, but I'll look into it.

If the shipping isn't well over $200 I would be astonished. Because of the size/weight of it this thing is pretty much in the "come get it" category.

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007