On 8/23/21 1:19 PM, Alan Perry via cctalk wrote:
What OS were you running it on? When I first started trying to use it a couple
years ago on a Mac, it didn’t work so well. I started trying to make it work
better and then realized that I was spending most of my time trying to make the
tool work and not so much time modeling the part that I was trying replicate
and threw in the towel and started using Fusion 360. Using Fusion 360 has had
some advantages when getting the part made (there is a common language for
tweaking the model).

I recently got a free 3D printer tossed out at work.  I use Linux pretty exclusively, and so downloaded FreeCad.  The problem is the developers are changing things so fast the docs and on-line tutorials are having trouble keeping up to date.  It is a very complex software package, but it DOES work if you can learn the mindset of it.  There are sketches, extrusions, solids of revolution, etc.  So, this is a mixed recommendation, but if you have a complex part to design, it is probably worth the effort to learn the basics.  As far as I can tell, it will do everything Inventor will do.

Jon