I did finally dump the first wife.  The second one is just too good to dump.

On 9/18/2021 8:36 PM, Alexandre Souza wrote:
I'd dump the wife...

Enviado do meu Tele-Movel

Em sáb, 18 de set de 2021 22:33, Mike Katz via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org <mailto:cctalk@classiccmp.org>> escreveu:

    I have a basement but I also have a wife who complains everytime I
    bring
    some orphaned computer part (or camera) home and to the basement.  In
    her eyes it's all junk.

    Which is worse, no basement or a wife 😁

    It was because of my first wife (now ex) that I sold my 2 full
    racks of
    PDP-8/E equipment.

    <cctalk@classiccmp.org <mailto:cctalk@classiccmp.org>> wrote:

    >> Went over to chip away at the Bob basement, and this time Alex
    came with me. This is not a bad idea as if one of the piles shift
    and I get stuck it would be nice to have someone there to call 911.
    > You might be joking, but this is no joke, it’s a *VERY* good
    idea.  Back when my collection was in storage units, I took a
    large vintage TV to the head.  Thankfully I was okay, but it could
    have been much worse.  After that I started being more cautious.

    >> Moral: Do not die with a lot of this stuff in your basement. We
    were far more able to move this stuff 30 years ago when we were
    young than today.
    > Good point.  I was reminded of this a few months ago, while I
    was working some of my old gear while on my Sabbatical.  The good
    news, I don’t have a basement. :-)