On Wed, 22 Sep 2021, devin davison via cctalk wrote:

I have picked up storage containers for all the books, and i can scan it
all. after that, its all probally going in the recycle bin, as i dont know
where or how i would keep such a large pile of paper manuals on hand.

what is the prefered format to upload things to bitsavers in? is pdf
acceptable?

I would scan it all at 600dpi - that's what I do with everything I scan. I'd upload it to the IA as well, but that's just me. :)

How can i create a pdf that is not too big on file size? Can the text be
recognized  and be made searchable within the scanned pdf?

Disk space is cheap, go for scan quality.

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007