On 2021-09-27 5:38 a.m., Jules Richardson via cctalk wrote:
On 9/26/21 9:05 AM, Liam Proven via cctalk wrote:
I found this interesting for perspective. The British media (and
AFAICS of Australia, New Zealand and several bits of Europe) have been
saturated with coverage of a much-loved, widely-celebrated and revered
hero of tech.

As FC points out, even the American _tech_ media barely noticed.

From the other side of that, growing up in the UK, nobody I knew talked about Apple or Atari, and Commodore was only on the radar because of the C64's capability as a games machine (and later the Amiga) - I don't think I even saw a PET prior to 2005, although I know there were a few infestations of them here and there :-)

Commodore in the USA/CANADA was often pressed into service for a cheap
text video overlay for broadcast TV. Was that TV overlay ever used in
the UK or Europe?
Ben.