A chemical engineer friend in the adhesives business told me years ago that
WD-40 is a good solvent to use for adhesives stuck to plastic.  It's unlikely
to hurt the plastic but it will soften the glue.  It's not fast but it does
work.  As always, check on a hidden part of the case to make sure the
particular plastic doesn't object to the stuff you're using.

        paul