On Wed, 24 Nov 2021, Vincent Slyngstad wrote:
Are you running SerialDisk on the same DP12 that K12MIT is trying to use? That might not work well, though I'm not sure why K12MIT would commit suicide about it.

Hmm... good point, I think that I have tried both, from LINCtape and from SerialDisk. I know, the latter won't work, but at least I should get the prompt, no?

I haven't had much use for K12MIT -- the tools that come with the latest SerialDisk can take apart and rebuild/modify bootable/server images, so I just copy whatever to or the directory those tools are using and rebuild the image (or re-explode the server image and copy it out, to go the other way).

I haven't understood the tools to build these disk images. There is no documentation IIRC. But I use SIMH and have a transfer disk image that I can mount with SerialDisk. There is one nuisance, though: SerialDisk won't see the updated image unless restarted. The advantage of SIMH is that I can "import" paper tape images (BIN or ASCII). That is something even PUTR can't accomplish.

Christian