On 2/8/22 16:35, Douglas Taylor via cctalk wrote:
On 2/8/2022 5:22 PM, Jon Elson via cctalk wrote:
On 2/8/22 13:34, Douglas Taylor via cctalk wrote:
Update on this:  I did put together a battery and voltage divider to test the AXV11.  The label on the A/D module says it brings the output from the multiplexer to one of the external pins.  I was able to verify that the voltage applied to a couple of the A/D inputs makes it through the multiplexer when selected using the CSR.  The next output available is from the Sample and Hold, and this is always pegged at +12v.  Am I wrong to assume that the sample and hold will 'freeze' its output when the A/D go bit is set?

Well, it will probably only hold the approximate voltage for a few seconds, but should be long enough to see on a voltmeter.

Jon

I was only using a voltmeter to look at it.

I'm going to try 2 different measurements; (1) use a scope to look at the S&H signal on the AXV11 and see what it does over time, (2) look at the same S&H signal on the Data Translation board which seems to be working.

The S&H will likely have a FET as the switch element, and those might be fairly easily damaged by external pulses.  I opened up some comparable Xincom modules and made minor repairs.

Jon