On 5/5/22 8:30 PM, Douglas Taylor via cctalk wrote:
I wanted to try using tu58fs with a RT11 system running version 5.7 to transfer files in/out.

To my surprise RT11 5.7 retired the DD: device, a DD.MAC file is there, but it is unsupported.

(1) How do you compile a device driver file?  How do you link and install it?

(2) Has anyone done this?

(3) Is anyone using tu58fs with a RT11 5.7 system?

Doug

If you are using one of the distributed 5.7 monitors, try taking one from an earlier & similar version like 5.6.  The 5.7 changes did not impact handlers like this IIRC.

Of course if you want the build experience, check out the 5.6 device handlers manual.

  Jerry