On 5/7/22 13:48, Fred Cisin via cctalk wrote:
On Sat, 7 May 2022, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk wrote:

On another note, at one point my 4P failed to read from
a floppy.  The "Cass?" prompt showed up followed by the
"Memory" prompt.  I'm confused.  I thought the 4P didn't
have any ROM in it.  Where could these prompts and an
apparently functioning BASIC come from?

If I remember correctly (unrefreshed dynamic wet-ware), IFF you responded to those two prompts, THEN you got the BASIC, with the [cassette BASIC] version number.  Did you actually GET BASIC after you responded to them??

Just took some time to duplicate it.  Answered the "Cass?" prompt.
Entered 0 for the "Memory" prompt.  Got BASIC.  Typed PRINT MEM and
PRINT FRE(0).  Returned 48K.  Anybody have any idea where that is
coming from?

bill