Are they IBM preformatted? If so they could work in someone's RX01/RX02.

On 9/1/2022 7:10 AM, jim stephens via cctalk wrote:

On 8/31/22 13:33, Liam Proven via cctalk wrote:
Someone on Fesse Bouc just found a sealed box of SS/SD 8" floppies in
their garage.

Most FB types are too young to know 8" disks existed, of course.

Someone suggested punching a notch in them and using both sides.

Was that even possible on 8" disks?

(TBH single-sided actually-floppy floppies are before my time and I
never used 'em. When they were on low-end American 8-bit home
computers, this impecunious young Brit couldn't afford floppy drives
at all. By the time I could, 5.25" DS/DD was the cheapest drive and
cheapest media.)

It would be possible but for the drives mostly being double sided.
The most useful thing for a notcher was to make AOL and other
mailer diskettes writable.  Never did the double side thing
much if ever.

Sad day when AOL changed to CDs and you then had to make
coasters or trash them.
thanks
Jim