On Wed, 31 Aug 2022, Liam Proven via cctalk wrote:
Someone on Fesse Bouc just found a sealed box of SS/SD 8" floppies in
their garage.
Most FB types are too young to know 8" disks existed, of course.

About 3 decades ago, my assistant (Bob Fink) came up with an advertising campaign for XenoCopy of "Save your data from extinction!"

As part of that, for our Comdex and Computer Faire booths, he got a 5 foot inflatable toy Tyrannasaurus Rex, and had it holding an 8" disk, with a bite out of it. (The disk already had damage).

At the Computer Faire (San Francisco), a small kid (6 to 10 years old?) came up to him and loudly declared, "That's not real!" Bob replied, "Well, of course not, it's just an inflatable toy. They won't let us bring any real dinosaurs into the exhibit hall."
"Not that.  There aren't any disks that size."
Bob tried to explain.   (No, he did not mention bar napkins :-)
"Yeah. right."

That kid is probably on Facebook, and still might not believe in 8" disks..

As to "flipping" those disks, . . .
there are probably a lot of people who would buy an unopened box of 8" SSSD. The ones that I took to VCF a decade ago, sold fast.
What brand are they?   (Dysan is preferred over Wabash :-)

--
Grumpy Ol' Fred                 ci...@xenosoft.com