All the discussion around 8" disks reminded me about a question I've not been able to find an answer to.

I've got a Qumetrak 842 drive that I use for imaging 8" disks with either ImageDisk or AppleSauce. When I first tried it out with AS, the listed RPM was > 7K. It turns out that the disk I was working with was a NOS Dysan that had both the single and double-sided index windows punched in the jacket. The 842 has both of those index sensors, so both were being triggered one after the other. The solution was to cover one of the index windows on the disk.

The question I have is how did a contemporary system deal with the combination of a disk with both index windows and a drive with both index sensors?

tnx!

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007