It it used the 13W3 D connector, I've used these (years ago) before with success:

https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-100071-13W3-M-Video-Port-Adapter/dp/B007TZG526

Actually, not the specific brand, just 13W3 to VGA adapters...

    -- Mike

On 9/4/22 00:54, jjacocks--- via cctalk wrote:
Likely the RGB2HDMI board found here:

https://github.com/hoglet67/RGBtoHDMI

________________________________
From: Chris Zach via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2022 5:10:41 PM
To: CCTalk mailing list <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
Cc: Chris Zach <c...@alembic.crystel.com>
Subject: [cctalk] Bringing up a Sun 386i: Can I use a modern monitor

Continuing my exploration of my old stuff pile I'm starting to work on
my Sun 386i systems. Old, no doubt but still there.

First step would be finding a monitor for them. The video cards I have
are the monochrome one, the CGI3 and a CGI5 board. For the color
monitors the cable I have goes to the RGBSync and of course to the
keyboard/mouse combination.

Question: Is there an adapter that can turn the Sun's output to HDMI or
VGA for a more modern monitor?