Well, as it turns out I have a full PDP-8/M front panel, including the board, which I *believe* is compatible with an 8/E, but has LED lights instead of incandescent ones (one might have to check to make sure that the pin with the lamp power isn't used on the baord.)

[It is a FULL front panel, in spite of what one sees on Doug Jones website.]

Looks like this one:

http://www.dvq.com/oldcomp/dec/pdp8m.html

It looks like this one - I didn't look closely to see if it had an OEM name at the top.

The board is missing two of the paddles, and the knob for the rotary switch.

Tom, if you are interested, contact me off list.

JRJ