On Tue, 11 Oct 2022, Vincent Slyngstad via cctalk wrote:

On 10/11/2022 12:37 PM, geneb via cctalk wrote:
Anyway, the original is bent bar stock, with notching near the apex, and a nut press-fit/spot welded where I've drawn an indent.  I've drawn it as a triangular plastic block in an effort to make it more structural.

I wonder if a heat-set insert would allow you to replicate the original design...

You mean in the metal, or the plastic?

In the plastic, an insert would be more durable, but then again it would be another part you'd have to stock, rather than print.

I was referring to the plastic. A PEM fastener would do the same job in metal. #6-32 heat set inserts are very cheap, even on Amazon. (less than $20 for 100 of them)

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007