On 2022/11/06 8:37 p.m., John H. Reinhardt via cctalk wrote:
So, I screwed up and in my excitement to find a DEC BA123 chassis (and MVII parts) I bid on an Ebay auction where there is no shipping and it's "Local Pickup Only".  The problem is that I'm near Fort Worth TX and the MVII/BA123 is in Brunswick, GA and I don't really have the time to make the 2000+ mile round trip drive to pick it up.

Does anyone here know of a reliable shipping service in Brunswick, GA?  Or suggestions for outfits to check out?  Google hasn't shown me much other that UPS and FedEx stores.

Failing that, is there anyone near enough willing to pick it up in Brunswick that might want it for themselves?

Ebay listing  https://www.ebay.com/itm/334615827742?

If they can put it on a pallet then you can find a Freight Forwarder in the area that can arrange a pickup...

Or contact North American Van Lines (NAVL-Beltman) Michele Bianchi (630-344-3093) there arranges pickups of equipment (like arcade games for home owners) in similar situations. This service isn't as cheap as trucking would be from a Freight Forwarder.

Good luck!

John :-#)#

--
                 John's Jukes Ltd.
7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3