Senior moment below… should (obviously) be just _above_ visible.

From: William Sudbrink [mailto:wh.sudbr...@verizon.net]
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2022 12:54 PM
To: 'Anders Nelson' <anders.k.nel...@gmail.com>; 'General Discussion: On-Topic
and Off-Topic Posts' <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
Subject: RE: [cctalk] REPLICA Cromemco Cyclops Camera

The image sensor is a MOSTEK MK4008P-9 or an AMI S4008-9.  Cromemco used both.
They removed the lid and added a glass cover, but the cover is not necessary.
I have operated several cameras with no cover.  If you scroll up to the top of
the page, you will see pictures of the chips.  The memory cells in the chips
are three transistor design, allowing non-destructive reads.  The device
repeatedly reads the cell array, watching as they fade out due to charge
leakage caused by light hitting the cell.  Interestingly, the light sensitive
component in the cell is not the capacitor, but rather the transistor linked to
ground.  The transistor is sensitive to visible light but is even more
sensitive to infrared (just below visible).

Bill