> On Dec 21, 2022, at 7:16 PM, Steve Malikoff via cctalk
> <cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> For a DLV11 EIA serial connection, I am about to wire up a fly lead cable to
> go from an M7940 SLU (no dash version) 40-pin header to a DB25P … I could use
> any colours but I'd really like to use the original colours for the above …

The BC05C cable is described in full, including wire colors, in the docs for
the Unibus DL11 (for example, PDF page 21 of the engineering drawings at
http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/unibus/DL11_schem_Mar78.pdf, or table 3-6 on
PDF page 34 of the user manual at
http://www.bitsavers.org/www.computer.museum.uq.edu.au/pdf/DEC-11-HDLAA-B-D%20DL11%20Asynchronous%20Line%20Interface%20Manual.pdf)

Specifically, for the pins asked:

J - receive data - orange/white
F - transmit data - white/blue
E/M - interlock - red

The ground wiring is a bit involved:

Pin 7 on the D-sub is connected multiple:

- cable shield to Berg B
- brown/white to Berg UU
- black jumper to D-sub pin 1

…and pin 1 on the D-sub is connected multiple:

- cable shield to Berg A
- blue/white to Berg VV
- black jumper to D-sub pin 7