Thank you Martin and Fritz for figuring out the DLV11 wiring colours, that's
exactly what I needed and I appreciate it very much!
Also there is a lot that I hadn't looked at before in those links, much
appreciated. Certainly hadn't considered the wire gauge size too critically
but I'll use what I've got for starters. Chasing up the BC0n cable details led
me to Malcolm/Avitech's BC01 cable page, which also helps.

I hope to power it up before Christmas, fingers crossed the M7270 and M8044
boards work. I have yet to check the jumpers on these.

I can relate to the locomotive paint story in a way. I have an old WWII jeep,
and rivet counters obsess over the _exact_ shade of WWII Olive
Drab paint. This is exacerbated by most WWII film being black and white, and
period colour film may not be regarded as perfect (although
George Stevens' WWII footage on Kodachrome might come close) so finding good
unfaded/undamaged paint examples isn't always easy.

Now I had someone tell me they really thought my jeep was a great match to
"real" OD, to which I replied that I had actually painted it in Khaki,
which is closer to a brown than a green. Being a completely flat paint, when
it's wet it temporarily changes appearance to gloss dark green.
So I just say to people not to worry too much and the OD paint they use is
bound to match exactly to at least one of the ~650,000 jeeps produced.

Thanks cctalk list, wishing you all ice-cold Chrissie beers and barbie (Oz BBQ)
for the season,

Steve