Hello there,

Earlier this December I got an Altos 386 series 1000 with lots of
documentation and some installation floppy disks and one tape. I must say
that it's an amazing machine!
I'd like to reinstall the os but I have two problems:
1. It can not access the floppy drive. I tried it with another one, but
still no joy. Does anyone have any schematics of the motherboard? I ordered
a new floppy controller but in case the controller is not the faulty piece
I'll need some schematics to track the problem.

2. I could clone some of the floppy disks on another computer but not all
of them. I also found that the tape is overwritten with something else.
Does anyone have these installation media? I'm missing sdx v3.6s0, aom menu
shell v 3.0s2, Altos system v rts upd V5.3es2 and the tape Altos system v
rts v5.3eT2 (utilities).

Anyone know how to contact the Altos folks? Maybe they still have and are
kind to share the installation media and the schematics.

I have cloned Altos system v rts v5.3es2 (root), Altos multiview 1.6.2s0
two disks and the HDD. Btw, none of the Linux filesystem modules could not
mount the hdd, therefore I created one based on fuse. If anyone needs such
a thing you can find the srcs here :  https://github.com/bog-dan-ro/altos .

Happy new year!

Yours,
BogDan.

P.S. I contacted Al from bitsavers, and my floppy disks clones will land to
his collection (http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/bits/Altos/386-series/)

P.S.' Al's tape image clone has a strange tar like format, does anyone know
what's the exact format? I'd like to create a tool to extract them...