On 2023-01-01 10:02 a.m., Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:

But that's Linux and me.   May we assume that you're running an OS out
of Redmond?

No out my basement :)

I got a DE1 FPGA card here, and putting a classic style computer on it.
New year, new design, new front panel.

I have a few designs out but they
all use ASCII 1967. I am unhappy with ASCII so I want to come up with my own character standard , lower case and some programming symbols. Left arrow, not equals, logic not,sub script 10,little dash. Programming the key board and video display is no problem, but printing is a problem. I can send text files/receive text files to a windows machine for editing and printing. I am also unhappy with all the programming languages out there, so I want write my own, using a meta compiler.

What I would like to get is a serial printer (rs232), with a definable character set. Does any one know of a cheap one?

--Chuck

Ben.