Seeing the way we often behave, I'll speak for myself, making dumb mistakes
again and again, on some level we aren't much more then organic computers.
People overwhelmingly respond to the way they were programmed.

     On Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 10:10:43 PM EST, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk
<cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

 On 1/17/23 12:10, Chris via cctalk wrote:

> It seems at this point that AI can only look shit up.

Which is all Watson could do when it "beat" humans at Jeopardy.

>  I don't doubt that eventually these things will learn how to reason to
>whatever degree.

Science still has no real idea how we think.  Or how we learn.  Or much
else about the actual functioning of the brain.  Until they do how can
anyone think they can teach a computer, that real is as dumb as a rock
and only reflects the abilities of the programmer, how to think.

bill