So... Here we go.... :-)

For reference, TALOS is my pdp11/83 system from way back long ago. It's running real hardware, RX02, RL02, a 330mb ESDI disk, TK70, and 4mb of parity RAM.

Runs with 2,000 blocks of cache, read-ahead of 5, and purrs along pretty nicely overall.

The next step is to get 4mb of PMI memory as the 1mb board I have *is* faster than Q bus memory but there's not a lot I can do with DECnet and TCP/IP in only 1mb.

But finally I can get to my system without an RS232 cable. And fix the time offset. But progress!

(Now I need to back it up)

Thank you Johnny for writing this code.

Welcome to TALOS, an RSX-11M-PLUS system!

>hello 1,1
Password:

RSX-11M-PLUS V4.6   BL87    [1,54] System    TALOS
23-JAN-2023 07:48  Logged on Terminal TT12: as SYS2

Good Morning

        *                    Welcome to RSX-11M-PLUS                    *
        *                  Version 4.6  Base level 87                   *
        *                This is file LB:[1,2]LOGIN.TXT                 *

    Last interactive login on Monday, January 23, 2023  21:37:35 (TT1:)