> > I have an Ampro Little Board Plus, which is a single-board Z80 computer
> the size of a 5 1/4" disk drive.  The "plus" means it has a SCSI
> interface.  A couple of years ago I was planning to build a flash disk for
> it and dug through a lot of specs and bios code.  Original SCSI was almost
> identical to SASI and they were often interchangeable.  The protocol is
> rather simple, as you stated.  What I found in the Ampro bios code was that
> for reading and writing only about 4 commands were used.  Another small
> number were used for formatting.  I think, iirc, there were two types of
> read and two types of write.  I never got around to building the thing, but
> it should be pretty simple.  I would also be rather surprised if no one
> else has done it.  But if you have the P-2000 bios code, you could take a
> look.  I suspect it would be very similar to the Ampro code.
>
> Alas there is no source of either the CBIOS or the boot ROM in any of
> the P2000C manuals and I suspect such source was never released. But
> it should be possible to kludge up something to do the SASI handshake
> and see just what does come out of that port when I try to boot from a
> hard disk or whatever.

SCSI2SD has been around for many years. There are a few variants of it. I
think version 5 is still the one that is compatible with more systems than
the others. There is also the BlueSCSI-project (a fork of the
ArdSCSIno-STM32 project) which has evolved during the past few years. Since
SCSI basically is a superset of SASI they should work. They at least work
in my ABC1600 which has a very basic SASI interface. And then there is
another project called RaSCSI/PiSCSI which is using a RaspberryPi of some
sort to emulate SCSI. Pick whatever you feel comfortable with (and is
available - the chip shortage is a big problem for many of these devices)

/Mattis