>> I don't think it's the connector, but it's junk if it isn't anyway, so I
>> might
>> see. These things screw in place and the fit was tight getting it out so it
>> would boot again, so I don't think it wiggled. Still, would be nice to know a
>> source for spares because it seems like others on this list have had similar
>> problems with theirs.
>
> It might be possible to transplant DRAM ICs from other SIMMS onto the Tadpole
> memory modules to refurbish them.

I think that's possible, but it would need someone with better soldering skills
than I've got. I draw the line at surface mount; I've wrecked boards before,
and this module has 18 Hitachi DRAM chips on it (parity).

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckai...@floodgap.com
-- If I am not for myself, who will be for me? -- Pirkei Avot -----------------