> On Mar 8, 2023, at 11:36 AM, Tom Gardner via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
> wrote:
>
> I’ve worked on tape articles in Wikipedia and they are for the most part
> pretty good.  If u find any errors or omissions I hope u will update
>
> If you are willing and able to share I’d like to see yr results
>
> Good luck
>
> Tom

I can’t actually share the project I’m working on.  Overall Wikipedia has been
an excellent resource for this, even for a couple 8mm formats I was unaware of.

One thing that strikes me as odd is that DLT III XT media is apparently from
1995, while DLT IV media is from 1994?!?  I’m not sure about that, and I was
sure DLT IV wasn’t that old, but it might be.  It’s also possible that there
are some problems with the DLT page on Wikipedia, since the age of the drives
is given, not the media.

The one that’s really hurt my brain is DC 600A, DC 1000, and DC 2000.  Using
https://www.qic.org/html/qicstan.html and other info at https://www.qic.org/
I’m fairly confused.

As best as I can tell:
DC 600A = 1983
DC 1000 = 1994
DC 2000 = 1991

The problem I have is that with what I’m working on, I have indications of DC
1000 being used in 1985.

Zane