On 3/18/23 15:48, Steve Malikoff via cctalk wrote:
Jon said
On 3/18/23 04:34, Steve Malikoff via cctalk wrote:
G'day all,
     I have just uploaded the engineering drawings for the early PDP-11/05, the
one with the solid (no slots) Mazak lower bezel
Huh?  Mazak made machine tools.  Did you mean Zamak
(zinc-based die casting alloy)?

Jon

It's Zamak in the US, and Mazak in the UK (possibly Europe too?) and other
parts of the world. I'm in the other parts of the world bit.

Wow, very interesting!  I never knew that.  (I wonder what the Mazak people call their machines in UK/Europe?)

Jon