On Mon, Apr 17, 2023 at 12:17 PM Steve Lewis via cctalk <
cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Glad the photos help.  I hope the average general public wasn't too
> disappointed or discouraged by the crowd on Saturday - but I tried to think
> of the positive side, of there still being interest in vintage computing at
> all.    A "web cam" preview of the consignment might have helped that line
> - some were interested in a specific thing, then to wait 45min in line to
> find it's already gone.  But I guess that's just part of the experience.

It shouldn't be "part of the experience".  It's poor planning and poor
management of the consignment area on the part of the organizers.  This
same thing happened at VCF "West" last year and it was a catastrophe.
There was a line snaking down the hallway at least a fifty people deep and
they were waiting for 2-3 HOURS before it actually started moving.  That
was 2-3 hours that attendees weren't in the exhibit/speaker hall engaging
with the exhibitors and their exhibits, and listening to the speakers.  I'm
really disappointed to hear that, despite their prior experience, it seems
like they have not done anything to address this completely unacceptable
and entirely avoidable scenario.

Sellam, thanks for the note about the geese!!   Honkers, yes, that's very
> appropriate!  But why Honking at 3am!? haha, maybe I don't want to know!?

3am?  If that was happening around here then the shotgun would get
involved.  Must be mating season.

Sellam