> This seems to be because I measure a steady 0.6V on pin 6 of the transformer
> (p4, PSU Sheet 3). I just can't imagine where it might be coming from as the
> chopper won't be running. I had previously removed the transformer and there
> are no shorts between the pin 5-pin 6 winding and any of the other pins on
> the transformer. I checked all the DC outputs of the PSU when powering the
> 7812 from the bench, both on a working PSU and the non-working one. They are
> all at zero except the -12V output on the non-working PSU, which is +0.6V.
> But the voltage can't come out of nowhere.

I've looked at it some more.  On page 5 (control module sheet 1), at the
non-inverting input of E1b, there is a 75k resistor and 16k9 I think?
resistor between -12V and V2 which is derived from Vstart.  Perhaps this
would account for the +0.6V?

(Ignore what I said earlier about the possibility of one of the two diodes
connected to pin 6 of the transformer being shorted.  The 51 Ohm (or is it a
5 Ohm?) resistor across one of them would look like a short compared to 75k.)

Regards,
Peter Coghlan.