I do remember the bad old days, when even a leased line was
insufficiently fast or reliable to send a quantity of data. I recall
many times taking the "noon balloon" out of San Jose with my Samsonite
carry-on case and not so much as a toothbrush.  On arrival, turn the
contents of the case over to someone waiting at the gate, and catch the
next flight home with an empty case.

My case, which I still have, comfortably accommodates six 10.5" reels of
tape.

I remember flying on an USAF general's plane with several 844 disk
packs.  One time, I forgot my B-area badge, so the general gave me his.
Nobody saluted, however.

--Chuck