On Tue, 16 May 2023, Kenneth Gober via cctalk wrote:

On Mon, May 15, 2023 at 11:21 PM Jim Brain via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
wrote:

At the most recent CoCoFEST!, I brought home the old Glenside Club
Computer Hard Drive.  The mechanism is an ST-251, and I was wondering if
someone on-list would be willing to attempt to pull data off the drive.

In my experience, reading the data from this type of drive is dramatically
simplified if
you have the original controller it was attached to.  If you can get your
hands on it, this
job will be many many times easier, and doable without special equipment.

There's a gadget out there for imaging MFM drives - it uses a BeagleBone as the core of it - I've got one, but I don't know how to use it well enough for your task, but I'm sure someone else on this list has one.
(this thing: https://www.pdp8online.com/mfm/mfm.shtml)

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007