On 5/16/2023 4:05 PM, Dennis Boone via cctalk wrote:
  > At the most recent CoCoFEST!, I brought home the old Glenside Club
  > Computer Hard Drive.  The mechanism is an ST-251, and I was wondering
  > if someone on-list would be willing to attempt to pull data off the
  > drive.  I have no ability to configure to read this drive type, and
  > the data is not precious or anything, I just though we should try to
  > pull it off for historical sake.

The best way to approach this, given the interchange issues with MFM
disk controllers, is probably to use one of Dave Gesswein's MFM Emulator
devices.  It'll give you a flux image that can then be decode.

There may not be a decoder for the CoCo format yet, but it's probably
not too far different from other common things, so hopefully it could be
constructed fairly easily.  The MFMEmu community seems to be willing to
help with this.

De

David has already connected with me, and I am grateful to send the unit to him to see if he can retrieve anything.  And yes, once the data is off the drive, creating a decoder should not be overly difficult.

Jim

--
Jim Brain
br...@jbrain.com