Chuck mentioned he world at Durango and there was a Poppy computer.  I
quick Google search turned up a mention here:
https://www.nytimes.com/1983/11/30/business/sperry-introduces-personal-computer.html

"Still later, they designed a 80186/80286 based 16-bit system, the Durango
"Poppy"; MS-DOS was selected as the entry operating system."

It didn't take much to find that.

The Sperry PC or the Zenith H-150 might have been early Phoenix customers
if the first Phoenix BIOS was released in May 1984.   That said, it is not
exactly the answer to the topic title as there were a few manufacturer's
like Dynalogic that had a decent amount of DOS compatibility already.

Santo