On Wed, Jun 7, 2023 at 2:26 PM Jonathan Katz via cctalk <
cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

> I have an IBM 6152 aka IBM RT system I rescued. (It may be a 6151?)
> I'm 90% sure it has colour graphics. The system does seem to POST
> correctly (according to the LED on the front) but the CRT is dead. I'm
> wondering if anyone has built an adapter to hook this to a VGA
> monitor.

Do you have the Megapel adapter in your 6151 with the 3W3 connector?  I
have one in my 6150 and I was able to connect it to a VGA monitor (NEC
Multisync) and I think I only created an adapter to go from 3W3 to Red,
Green and Blue RCA plugs (component) that then went into a simple RGB
component to VGA wired adapter (about 6 inches long) I already had.   Part
of the magic might be in that multisync monitor though.

Here it is running AIX:
https://vintagecomputer.ca/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/IBM_PC_RT_running_AIX.jpg

I got the 3W3 connector and parts from Digikey.   Here's what that looks
like:
https://vintagecomputer.ca/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/IBM_RT_3W3_RGB-rotated.jpg
Please forgive the crude construction.  I didn't think it would work but it
did.

Here is the RGB component to VGA adapter I also used:
https://vintagecomputer.ca/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/RGB2VGAadapter.jpg

Hope this helps.
Santo