On Wed, Aug 23, 2023 at 12:01:35PM -0700, Adam Thornton via cctalk wrote:
> I have heard rumors of one "fredmacs" which is a more-or-less emacs that
> will run on PDP-11 v7 Unix.  Since I've gotten "s" onto v7 and behaving
> mostly happily, now I'd like an editor I actually _like_ rather than
> _tolerate_.
>
> Does anyone know where to find the fredmacs sources?

No idea about "fredmacs". If I wanted to try my luck, I would try
MicroEmacs, mg, maybe something else... Other than trying to use some
MicroEmacs on Amiga, I have no idea. My first succesful encounter with
Emacs world happened with 32bits cpu and .GE. 4mb of ram, probably
8mb.

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsImplementations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MicroEMACS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mg_(text_editor)