I'm thinking more of sharing Omnibus devices and memory. Why not....

On 8/30/2023 9:04 AM, Paul Koning via cctalk wrote:

On Aug 29, 2023, at 8:46 AM, Chris Zach via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
wrote:

-BUT- That does not mean it *can't* be restored, only that $15,000 is
ridiculous for a machine that clearly needs an expert with time and money.
True, it is a silly price. I was thinking about this on the forum: If someone
offers to buy one of my fully running 8/L's for 6k I'll put in an offer on this
one for 3k and restore it. The extra 3k will be used to buy beer to help me
forget about all of the little mouse ghosts I'm going to find. :-)

I'd offer 3k for it outright, but to be honest I can't have 3 pdp8/L's AND an
8/e. At some point I'd have to wire them into some sort of nightmare SMP
pdp8....
Or DECnet/8, though I suspect an 8/L can't run that.