They were available with a variety of connectors.
Some of those switchboxes had a short flat wire with spade lugs as output for connecting to the TV, and for input had screw terminal antenna input, and RCA for the RF input from the RF modulator.
the Wikipedia article for the Sup'R'Mod II has a picture of one such.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sup%27R%27Mod

That could easily be mistaken for antenna VS composite switching.

But, there were also some stand-alone RF modulators that were like what you are describing. That would presumably have a wall-wart or similar power supply?

OB_irrelevant_anecdote: I had a Plantronics CGA double board that supported 640x400 video, and maybe some other text modes. It had a DE9 and 4 pin Berg, but no RCA jack! The Sup'R'Mod had 4 pin Berg and RCA jack inputs, plus RCA RF output. Not having an extra DE9 monitor handy, and not having time to conveniently make a cable for the Plantronics board, I "temporarily" connected the 4 pin Berg of a Sup'R'Mod to the Plantronics board, and connected a composite monitor to the RCA "input" of the Sup'R'Mod, but nothing to the Sup'R'Mod output to use the Sup'R'Mod as a cable adapter. "temporarily" was less than 10 years. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sup%27R%27Mod

Q: is "Berg" the right/best name for that 4 pin connector?
male was 4 pins in a row with one missing; female was an appropriate molex connector

--
Grumpy Ol' Fred                 ci...@xenosoft.com