On 9/1/23 11:58, Christian Kennedy via cctalk wrote:

> At one point in the late 1970's, some division of Ball ended up buying
> the firm that did contract maintenance on our Novas and 16 bit
> Eclipses.  After the purchase the quality of the work took a nosedive,
> which led to one of my coworkers observing "Well, it kinda makes sense
> when you consider that they also make the garbage cans in the parking lot".

A friend employed by Ball Aerospace used to receive every year,  at
Christmastime, a box of holiday-themed mason jars.  Of course, Ball has
long-since spun off its glass jar operation, although the Ball brand
continues.

An icon in Muncie, IN for many years, Ball State University was the
result of the Ball brothers' commitment to the community.  Used to be
Ball State Teachers College, known by many as "Testicle Tech".

--Chuck