On 9/8/2023 9:29 AM, Raymond Wiker via cctalk wrote:

On 8 Sep 2023, at 15:20, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
wrote:

On 9/7/2023 9:20 PM, Gavin Scott via cctalk wrote:
On Thu, Sep 7, 2023 at 4:49 PM ste...@malikoff.com steven--- via
cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:
Here in Oz, VAX has been a popular brand of vacuum cleaner for many decades. We
had one until recently.
https://www.vax.com.au/
http://catb.org/jargon/html/V/VAX.html

"Nothing sucks like a VAX!!"   :-)
I remember seeing that slogan in the 80s, when I was a student in Glasgow.

When it first showed up it was all the rage on comp.os.vms.

And then I got the announcement signs on the side of the Central Scranton Expressway

here in PA announcing "Coming soon - VMS".

Of course, that turned out to be The "Virtual Messaging System" which I am sure

people see on their highways every day any more.

bill