On Fri, 8 Sep 2023, Sellam Abraham via cctalk wrote:
The Apple Disk ][ information needs some editing as well.  And then there's
the part suggesting the Commodore 1541 was more popular than the Disk ][.
What utter pishposh.

There are many details to flesh out things such as Apple, such as 13 VS 16 sector per track and the corresponding differences in the GCR.
35 track VS 40  (also applicable for TRS80)

I always wanted the Sorrento Valley FDC for Apple2

Does "more popular" mean sold more units, or does it mean better liked by its owners? :-)

I never had a Commodore 64! but, I had an MSD drive for Commodore 64 that interfaced with it with IEC? and IEEE488.

What about the Amiga?  with MFM, but not IBM/WD track/sector structure

It's odd that he brings up things such as 100tpi drives (VS 96tpi)
and 3" (but not 3.25" on which Dysan bet the company), the very early 40 track 3.5", the use of FDC for certain tape drives, LS120, but not floptical, ZIP, etc.
And, of course the Kodak high density 5.25" and Amlyn juke box :-)

To be fully complete with the level of esoterics that he does mention would require a LOT more content. Whereas a good proofread, and rewrite of some sections could make it a good reference for many parts.

--
Grumpy Ol' Fred                 ci...@xenosoft.com